Recovery from Narcissistic abuse takes time and effort. Survivors must work at healing every day, which isn’t always easy when there is a job to go to and children to take care of. In spite of our daily routines, we need to do the work if we hope to get over the trauma of abuse. Following are three simple ways to heal your body and psyche when you’re pressed for time:
1) Aromatherapy – The use of essential oils in aromatherapy is very effective for releasing negative or traumatic memories that are stored on a cellular level. You can take advantage of their healing properties ‘on the go’ by buying a car diffuser or wearing an aromatherapy necklace. Oils that are specific to emotional release and inner strength include:
- Sage, Orange, and Oregano
2) Meditations – Meditations are important when healing from emotional abuse because over time they help replace the negative self-talk that we internalized during our time with our abuser. It’s like retraining your brain! Instead of listening to the radio, I often listen to affirmations in my car after I’ve dropped the kids off at school. At night before bed, I listen to guided meditations. A few of my favorites include:
- 101 Power Thoughts by Louise Hay
- Though not a meditation per se, I’ve found that Native American Flute Music is healing, as well.
3) Morning Detox Tea – Whip up this recipe in the morning before hopping into the car:
- 1 Tablespoon organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 drops ginger essential oil
- 1 drop cinnamon bark (optional)
- 10 ounces warm, filtered water
Lemon helps remove the toxins accumulated in the lymph glands and colon. Ginger provides protection against the development of cancer cells and polyps. An added benefit of adding Lemon and Ginger in water is that it cleanses the liver. Chronic dehydration from lack of proper water intake leads to stress on the adrenal glands leading to adrenal fatigue. Starting each day with a mug of Morning Detox Tea helps you eliminate toxins, supports your adrenals, and boosts your metabolism.
Copyright © 2014 Kim Saeed and Let Me Reach. All Rights Reserved
Recovery won’t happen by magic. Download the Healing Toolkit below to get started on your healing journey.