Most of us can’t deny that life gets way too busy. So busy, sometimes, that you may feel like you don’t have time to take care of yourself. However, when it comes to healing from toxic relationships, it’s necessary to move acts of self care to the top of your list.
The rituals you practice to take care of your mind, body and soul can be soothing and contribute to the contentment and joy you feel in everything you do.
Review these acts of self care to remind yourself how important you are. Then, revive some of your own practices or add new ones that soothe you.
- Practice soothing, healthful skin care. Regardless of whether you’re a man or a woman, your skin needs all the help it can get. After all, skin protects you 24/7.
- Use organic personal care items that are free of harsh, industrial chemicals. Your body is already suffering from the effects of long-term emotional abuse and stress. Mainstream body care items only make your symptoms worse.
- Apply sunscreen to any skin that’s exposed to the sun before you leave the house.
- Exercise relieves your stress and rejuvenates both your mind and body.
- Even if you just exercise 15 minutes twice a day (morning and evening), getting the physical activity your body craves will revive your mood and enrich your life profoundly.
- Try a 10-minute walk to give your mind a rest or lift your spirits. Whether you choose a brisk pace or a slow saunter to admire the landscape, consider it a gift to yourself to go for a brief stroll.
- Re-acquaint yourself with the magic and exhilaration that nature provides. Nothing relaxes and nurtures us like getting outdoors.
- Find time to sit on your porch to watch the birds.
- Take a few minutes to care for a flower garden, or go for a walk in the park.
- Punctuate your day with a mini-meditation.
- Practice mindful breathing. As you exhale, think about releasing what is no longer serving you. Take the opportunity to exhale out any stress and anxiety you may feel.
- Light scented candles, put on relaxing music, and take the time to fully enjoy them.
- Take time to do the one thing you really love to do. There’s something so delicious and special about having the time and space to do whatever it is that you get excited about.
- Maybe you’ve got an insatiable love of reading, but struggle to find the time to read with working and family tasks tugging at you. Or perhaps you like to sew or work with wood. No matter what your beloved activity, figure out a way to make it happen.
- Even if it’s every other day or once a week, an important part of self-care is doing what makes your heart sing.
- Stay in touch with your feelings. You may think this sounds somewhat cliché. But the truth is that if you’re honest with yourself about how you feel, you’ll have more peace and contentment inside.
- Living your life based on your real feelings will bring comfort and joy to your soul. It can be a challenge to be truthful with yourself and others about how you feel. But if you do, the rewards are great.
Engaging in activities and rituals that soothe you deep inside enriches your day-to-day existence and, over time, helps you heal from narcissistic abuse. A regular practice of self-care also demonstrates that you truly recognize your own worth.
Enhance your self-care routine with THRIVE!
There are so many possibilities that lie ahead. One way to begin reconnecting with your lost self and your soul is with the THRIVE
THRIVE is all about living in harmony — both within and without – after leaving a relationship or situation where you felt abused, abandoned, and discarded.
… Because without healing and harmony, there is chaos, struggle, and suffering.
… Without healing and harmony, there is no love, no compassion, and no light to reveal your transformed path.
Until you realize the deeper implications of WHY these areas of healing are connected — and how YOU access these levels of healing on an intimate, personal basis — you will find yourself working much harder than necessary and letting people treat you in ways that violate your core essence.
will help you achieve the Elements of a Healed and Balanced Life.
The teachings in THRIVE empower, inspire, and heal the Mind, the Body, the Spirit, and the Soul in the wake of toxic relationships and other emotional injuries sustained over your lifetime.
If these words are speaking to you, then know that you have come to the RIGHT place. Click here to learn more about THRIVE
Rebuild Your Identity Starter Kit
Subscribe to get our
latest content by email and receive your free 10-point checklist to begin
rebuilding your inner identity after narcissistic abuse. Plus, learn 16 empowering beliefs you can use today + receive a soul-calming personal reflection affirmation.
Sweet! Now check your email to confirm your subscription and start healing your inner identity!